Little People

Up until recently, I never thought I would consider dating someone who has a child.  Not that its bad in anyway, but I have always heard such negative stories, and at the time it seemed so much easier to just keep away from it all together...

However, despite all the drama everyone says comes with dating someone who has a child, I was actually looking forward to accommodating my life in a way that a single person wouldn't have to; I was excited for the new experience - all of course, while staying within the boundaries of not trying to take the place of "mom." I wanted this little person to teach me so much more about life because I knew they could.  I also hoped I could have contributed (when requested) to make things easier for this person... maybe to inspire, encourage, and love.  Nevertheless, this must be one of the awesome things about little people: They're a type of special that bring a new life that's too great to describe.

In a way, I almost felt guilty or like I must be a crazy person for hoping to be a part of someones life - someone who only met me once.  I suppose it doesn't make me crazy, but it has made me realize I must definitely be entering a new phase in my life, and that's scary.

I should mention I never expressed any of these things to the person I briefly dated - knowing it would scare someone away LOL, BUT I suppose I write this for those single parents...to remind you there is someone out there who will look forward to sharing a life with you and your child, along with loving them just as much.



Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye, Butterflies

A Touch of Epiphany

The Heartbreak