Why do you do what you do?

Oh how I missed the crisp October nights…


Is it weird that I love to hear the sound of crickets chirping in the night as I have the window cracked open?  


I feel like it has been so long since the last time I got to sit in my bed before 8:00pm.



Although I love my days, I’ll still always love the nights were I can just sit on my bed, in my pj’s,
with my laptop on my lap.

I might add the night is topped with a nice little glass of Cupcake Pinot Nior.  
I know it’s nothing fancy, but it’s still good! Have you tried it? It’s great if your on a budget!


It’s also nice that my dogs are calm, laying down in their doggy beds and with me in my room.


I got to thinking this evening how much I missed the days where I felt I could just “write.”  
You know, write without a specific purpose or because I have drafted or brainstorm ideas to make
sure there is a constant flow of materials.


Tonight is the night where I just get to write the way I originally realized I loved to write,
or blog - that’s writing without thought and writing mostly with “flow.”


I guess you can say flow is my definition of channeling.  
It’s almost like my fingers have a mind of their own.


I guess what I mean by that is that sometimes I don’t need to “think” about what to write about because
it just flows out and manifest into something worth reading.


When I first starting writing I thought that if what I wrote could just help “1” person, then everything I
have experienced was worth it.


I wrote because I needed a place to channel my creativity and because I wanted to “inspire.”  
It’s almost as though writing was my therapy and made me feel better once I completed it a post.


It’s funny because as an adult we understand that goals, plans, and strategies are important,
but along the way it becomes so easy to lose track why we started in the first place.


Has this happened to you?  Do you keep in touch with the emotion and reason why you do what you do?

This blog makes me realize that when you feel like your not getting ahead or making progress,
take you self back to the place where you realized what you loved and why you love it.

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye, Butterflies

A Touch of Epiphany

The Heartbreak